WELCOME TO WINDWOOD DAY CAMP
We are excited to announce the fun changes being made to the program this year. This summer we will be separating our existing program into three separate pods. Each pod will be provided the proper structured activities that fit the needs of each age group. The Early Years Program, The Young School Age Program, and the Preteen Program. Each program will be given its own schedule of activities and daily routines. Our Early Years Program will have the biggest changes and will have a separate drop off location from the other two programs. We are excited for the change and hope you are as well.
The summer day camp program will be presented to the children and supervised by professional, certified instructors and our experienced staff to ensure your child’s safe, fun, enriching summer. Windwood is situated on approximately 25 acres of some of Allegheny County’s most beautiful land. The present facilities include a large swimming pool with diving board, a children’s wading pool, a sport court area, basketball court, sandy beach volleyball court, deck hockey court, activity field, horseshoe pits, bocce ball court, lounging areas and covered pavilions.
Our Day Camp program operates Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are aware that many working parents leave for work earlier and work a little later. As a convenience to them we will open our facilities from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Children may bring their own lunch or they may purchase a Lunch Ticket, that will be prepared by the Windwood Park Staff. The lunch ticket can be found on the website under the online forms tab. We will also provide campers with beverages throughout the day and snacks in the afternoon.
For further information regarding your child’s potential for a happy, healthful summer vacation we invite you to email or phone us and we will provide you with the information you require. We strongly feel that each and every camper will find Windwood Day Camp to be an entertaining and rewarding experience along with a helpful venture to parents.
Our Open House will take place Wednesday, May 22, 2024, from 5:00p.m. until 7:00p.m. At this time, you and your child may come and meet some of the staff and also browse around our beautiful facility. If you need to reach us and we are not in the office, you can send us an email at email@example.com
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP
1. Pack a bag with sunscreen, a change of clothes, swimsuit, towel, water bottle, and any snacks your child may want throughout the day. Remember please put your child's name or initials on everything. We do not provide Breakfast so please send something with your child if they do not eat prior to drop off.
2. Pack a lunch or fill out the lunch meal ticket online and make sure that your child has it when you leave home.
3. When you arrive at Windwood you will pull up to our Upper Day Camp (there will be signs) where you will stay in your car and drop your child off. We will greet you at your car and make sure to sign your child in. If you want to stay for a few minutes or if you need to make any payments and the paperwork is not filled out ahead of time, please park to the side so we can keep the traffic moving.
4. Whenever you come to pick your child up. You will pull up in the same order as you would when you dropped your child off. Please make sure you have identification ready because we will ask for it. You do not have to get out of your car. We will greet you to sign your child out, call for them, and make sure they have all of their belongings. If you would like to stop for a few minutes, please pull off to the side and park.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Drop off time: 7:30-9am
Activities start at 9am to 4pm
Pick Up time: 4-6pm
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO FILL OUT TO GET REGISTERED?
1. Day Camp Registration Form
2. Emergency/Health Card(These are attached to the registration form)
3. Review the Parent Policy Guide(Found under the Camper Rules and Regulations page)
WHERE TO FIND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Check out our other day camp subpages for more information.
The camper rules and regulations page has great information for all registration details.
All Camp Registration, Lunch Ticket, Snack Accounts, and Account login access can be found under the tabs above.