Summer Day Camp
This year Windwood will be renovating our day camp program. We will be introducing some new features and activities. The swim club will no longer be open for membership but the pool will still be open to the day camp for swim lessons and free swim. Also, a new activity schedule will be posted once all the updates have been made.
OPEN HOUSE: MAY 23, 2020 FROM 12:30-2:30PM
At this time, you and your child may come and meet some of the staff and also browse around our beautiful facility. If you need to reach us and we are not in the office, you can send us an email at
WINDWOOD SUMMER DAY CAMP
Windwood Park has been operating as a private recreation facility for over 50 years. In addition to our Swim Club membership, we also offer Day Camp memberships to children ages 4 through 13. Windwood Day Camp provides a fun, activity-filled summer with friends in an outdoor setting as well as an alternative to day care for many families.
SWIMMING RECREATIONAL AND INSTRUCTIONAL, GATOR BALL, NINE SQUARE, ARTS N CRAFTS, WATER SLIDE FUN, BASKETBALL, DECK HOCKEY, ROPES COURSE WITH CLIMBING WALL AND ZIP LINE, ARCHERY, PING PONG, GAGA BALL, BALL SPORTS, THEMES, FIELD TRIPS, AND MUCH MORE!
These programs will be presented to the children and supervised by professional, certified instructors and our experienced staff to ensure your child’s safe, fun, enriching summer. Windwood is situated on approximately 25 acres of some of Allegheny County’s most beautiful land. The present facilities include a 350,000 gallon swimming pool with diving board, a children’s wading pool, a sport court area, basketball court, sandy beach volleyball court, activity field, horse shoe pits, bocce ball court, shuffleboard court, lounging areas and covered pavilions. Our Day Camp program operates Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We are aware that many working parents leave for work earlier and work a little later. As a convenience to them we will open our facilities from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Children may bring their own lunch which we will refrigerate or they may purchase a Meal Ticket, which you can find included in this packet. We will also provide campers with beverages and snacks. For further information regarding your child’s potential for a happy, healthful summer vacation we invite you to visit our facility, or phone and we will provide you with the information you require. We strongly feel that each and every camper will find Windwood Day Camp to be an entertaining and rewarding experience along with a helpful venture to parents. Our Open House will take place Saturday, May 23, 2020, from 12:30p.m. until 2:30p.m. At this time, you and your child may come and meet some of the staff and also browse around our beautiful facility. If you need to reach us and we are not in the office, you can send us an email at
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP
1. Pack a bag with sun screen, a change of clothes, swim suit, towel, water bottle, and any snacks your child may want throughout the day. Remember please put you child's name or initials on everything. We do not provide Breakfast so please send something with your child if they do not eat prior to drop off.
2. Pack a lunch or fill out the lunch meal ticket and make sure that your child has it when you leave home.
3. When you arrive at Windwood you will pull up to our Upper Day Camp (there will be signs) where you will stay in your car, and drop your child off. We will greet you at your car and make sure to sign your child in. If you want to stay for a few minutes or if you need to make any payments and the paperwork is not filled out ahead of time, please park to the side so we can keep the traffic moving.
4. Whenever you come to pick your child up. You will pull up in the same order as you would when you dropped your child off. Please make sure you have identification ready because we will ask for it. You do not have to get out of your car. We will greet you, sign your child out, call for them, and make sure they have all of their belongings. If you would like to stop for a few minutes please pull off to the side and park.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Drop off time: 7-9am
Activities start at 9am
Pick Up time: 4-6pm
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO FILL OUT TO GET REGISTERED
1. Day Camp Registration Form
2. Emergency Card
3. Health Report
4. Parent Policy Guide
You will find these forms under the FORMS tab!
PLEASE SEE OUR PARENT POLICY GUIDE AND DAY CAMP REGISTRATION FORMS UNDER THE FORMS TAB FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.